This month Smartschool (@smartschool) has offered to host us for our first meetup of the year and our 3-year anniversary!
We’re planning a unique evening featuring several “Lightning Talks” by speakers from Smartschool and the rest of our PHP community.
CHALLENGE (FOR YOU!)
For the purposes of this event, a Lightning Talk is a short presentation (10 or 15-minutes) about a specific topic, e.g. “How to Log with Monolog”. Slides are entirely optional, and having fun is recommended. Any topic related to PHP is accepted. It’s a great way of getting started talking about PHP!
Are you willing to take on this challenge? We still have open spots! Please contact us on Twitter at @phplimbe or email email@example.com
18:00 – Welcome drinks & food
19:00 – Lightning Talks (Part 1)
19:45 – Break: social & anniversary celebration
20:30 – Lightning Talks (Part 2)
21:15 – Raffle & more social
So far, we have lined up the following talks:
• Jochen Billen: Logging and visualizing data with the ELK stack
• Koen Eelen: PHP & the JSON format in MySQL 5.7+
• Toon Verwerft: Enforcing Code Quality with GrumPHP
• Jurgen Rutten: Building a developer ecosystem using OAuth
• Gabriel Somoza: Shhh..! PHP App Secrets with Vault and Consul
• YOU, please get in touch soon!