Some of the things being done with PHP are so off the beaten path that we don’t come in contact with it very often. Asynchronous processing is a perfect example of that, and yet it can be so much fun to play with… So let’s play with ReactPHP, guided by Cees-Jan Kiewiet!
• 19:00 – 19:20: Welcome with drinks & snacks
• 19:20 – 19:30: Intro by SweetlakePHP
• 19:30 – 20:30: Getting started with ReactPHP by Cees-Jan Kiewiet
• 20:30 – 20:45: Break
• 20:45 – 20:50: Lightningtalk Slot by Herman Peeren
• 20:50 – 21:30: Group discussion
• 21:30 – 21:45: Raffle, Announcements, Feedback
• 21:45 – ??:??: Networking and drinks
Talk: Getting started with ReactPHP
ReactPHP brings asynchronous I/O to PHP. Learn how to ReactPHP works by writing a simple toy app with it. I’ll be taking you from the very beginnings of the app and explain step by step how everything works both API wise and internally. Up and until a live interactive demo at the end.
About: Cees-Jan Kiewiet (@WyriHaximus)
Cees-Jan has been writing code since he could use a keyboard. With a high interest in asynchronous programming and pushing the edge of things. After using ReactPHP he became a ReactPHP team member where he works on the react/filesystem package. Aside from ReactPHP he works on several other open source projects, including some of his own.
Lightningtalk by Herman Peeren
Rapid Application Development with Delphi/Lazarus: make a native (Windows-)program in 5 minutes, that transfers images to a server with FTP and calls a PHP-program to do further processing server-side.
– A JetBrains license
– BladeVPS X4 for one year!
Transip – server
O’Reilly media – discount on all books