19:00 – Doors open
19:30 – Talk
20:30 – Raffles, and announcements
20:45 – Social, drinks and Pizza
Topic: Practical TDD
Test Driven Development. A given for many software engineers, but a lot of php developers are still only prodding at it with a stick from a safe distance.
This talk won’t be an introduction to TDD. I’m gonna try to take away this fear by giving opinionated answers to the Difficult Questions. I hope it will lead to some good discussions at the end.
1. What is the purpose of TDD?
2. What are the pitfalls of TDD?
3. How do I TDD with the database?
4. How do I TDD with webservices?
5. How do I TDD with the front end?
6. How do I stick to TDD when the deadline is approaching?
7. How can I start with TDD in a legacy code base?
8. How to convince my boss TDD is good?
9. How much code coverage should we aim for?
10. How long may a test suite run?
Speaker: Bas de Ruiter
Bas is software architect at Harver. He’s been an Oracle and later PHP developer for about 12 years. Besides his enthusiasm for domain driven design, he is a big fan of test driven development. He has set it up and used it for all projects he has worked on in the past five years.