Summer is drawing to a close, join us this month to talk about State Machines!
19:00: Welcome Drinks
19:30 – 20:30: Talk
20:30 – 20:45: Raffle
20:45: Social, drinks and Pizza
Talk: State Machines at Telfort
Telfort, a major Dutch ISP, uses php driven statemachines for the automation of their business processes and delivery streets.
In this presentation we will dive into the following topics:
– the use cases for statemachines
– the problems they solve(d) for Telfort
– the design challenges for a php statemachine
– the way they are used by the organization in the broad sense
– tooling for support and visualization
– how it supports unittesting and QA
– process automation using statemachines and message queues
– how it facilitates the complex interactions within the system itself and when interfacing with 3d party operational support systems
Examples will be supported by the opensource php ‘izzum’ statemachine package (https://github.com/rolfvreijdenberger/izzum-statemachine) which is functionally equivalent to the Telfort inhouse statemachine system.
Speaker: Rolf Vreijdenberger
Rolf Vreijdenberger is currently working as the software architect for the Telfort delivery street for the copper and fiber business support systems. He has been working in IT since 2001 when he co-founded creative online agency “De Pannekoek en De Kale”.
We got some awesome stuff to give away this month, so make sure you attend another awesome meetup!